Old July 18th 10, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default LU pop songs

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Basil Jet wrote:

On 18/07/2010 11:46, MaxB wrote:

The Bakerloo seems to have done OK from Waterloo Sunset to Warwick
Avenue via Baker Street (and you could add the Lambeth (North) Walk I
suppose.

The BBC have a rehearsal studio in Delaware Road, which was where many
Peel Sessions were recorded, including the Can song "Up The Bakerloo
Line With Anne".

Siouxsie & The Banshees did a song called "Circle" which has many
Underground line references.

And, as I mentioned the other week, Bob Mould did an album called
"District Line".

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine's '24 Minutes from Tulse Hill' has the
rarer distinction of being a song about a London BR station (or service,
in fact - the Sutton - London Bridge one). And in that neighbourhood, i
don't know if you count 'The Indestructible Beat of South Norwood' as
being related to the station or the township, er, neighbourhood.

This question gets asked occasionally; we really ought to compile a
comprehensive list.

The guys on ILM have tried:

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelec...readi d=23486

But sadly the guys on ILM are all congenital syphilitics. An unidentified
human or humans have done well:

http://tubechallenge.pbworks.com/TubeSongs

And i'm positive Inspiral Carpets got their name from a French magazine
article about Holloway Road ...

tom

--
YOUR MIND IS A NIGHTMARE THAT HAS BEEN EATING YOU: NOW EAT YOUR MIND. --
Kathy Acker, Empire of the Senseless