Old July 19th 10, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Cycle hire

Clive wrote on 18 July 2010 18:29:08 ...
In message
, MIG
writes
The solution, then, when a lorry pulls up on the right, is to proceed
through the red light before the lorry turns. Or are you one of those
people who think that cyclists should always be in the middle of the
lane, because that's where cars go, and should not let motor vehicles
overtake them?

No, I think that, like other road users, cyclists are responsible for
their own action. It is up to them to take appropriate action, like
passing left turning vehicles on the right and vice-versa. Where there
is doubt then stay behind, in short just stay safe. It's not my duty
to look out for every other road user and in this neck of the woods,
cyclists are few and far between, but I have driven in London and ridden
on the top deck of buses and quite frankly the behaviour of cyclists
there is abysmal.

Agreed. They should stay on the lower deck.
--
Richard J.