Old July 19th 10, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cycle hire

On Jul 19, 12:13*pm, Mizter T wrote:
[snip]
Incidentally, FWIW I can imagine that one might only be able to apply
for membership from the date the scheme actually launches, or possibly
even later than that if the membership back-office infrastructure is
not yet fully sorted out - if there's a priority then it'll be
launching the scheme on the prescribed day (30 July) - getting the
bikes out there, making sure they pay stations work etc - and other
things might have to wait. Should this occur I can imagine the write
ups decrying the scheme as being an instant and dismal failure!

Well, I got that completely wrong then (as per usual)! As David
Walters post upthread recounts, it turns out that for the first month
the scheme will only be available for those with an annual membership,
so "occasional users" (i.e. those wanting 24-hour or 7-day access)
will have to wait - meanwhile sign-up for annual membership opens on
the 23 July, that's this coming Friday.