Old July 19th 10, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Cycle hire

In message ,
writes
In article ,
(Clive) wrote:
Essentially, you've never driven a vehicle with a blind spot and
are now allowing yours to get in the way.

Wrong assumption there! I'm saying that vehicles with blind spots that
large should no longer be allowed to mix with vulnerable road users.
A lot has been done to reduce road deaths in the last decade and more.
Cars are much safer than they were that recently. It's time lorries were
brought up to scratch too.

I know where you're coming from, I get annoyed on motorways when two
lorries are battling it out for first place for mile after mile causing
huge traffic chaos, but I'm sure that an HGV driver that puts his rear
wheels on the pavement is negligent, not incompetent, as he's most
probably putting time saved over safety.
--
Clive