Old July 19th 10, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default LU pop songs

On 7/19/2010 6:57 AM, Paul wrote:
On 18 July, 11:46, wrote:
The Bakerloo seems to have done OK from Waterloo Sunset to Warwick
Avenue via Baker Street (and you could add the Lambeth (North) Walk I
suppose. I can't recall any other line getting similar treatment?

MaxB

There is John LEYTON : Johnny Remember Me
Tavares : Heaven Must Be Missing An ANGEL

Also, the Barron Knights once did a parody of Angelo by the
Brotherhood Of Man which included the lyrics "Long ago, outside a chip
shop in WALTHAMSTOW.."

Haven't seen anyone mention Sweet Thursday and their "Gilbert Street" --
Get your ticket on the Central line, get off at Bond Street, you'll be
flying high..."

Also Dream Academy has a song about the Underground Trains. I forget the
exact title, but the song includes the sound of a train -- I think it's
the Northern Line.

redcat