Old July 20th 10, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

Mizter T wrote:

Oyster route validators are all about providing a way for people to
prove they've avoided zone 1 and hence allow them to pay/ be charged
the non-z1 fare.

Very useful they are, too - had to use the pink'un at H&I on Saturday,
going from Finsbury Park to Acton Central. A nice, spacious 378 beats
the Piccadilly Line any day.

Commissioner Hendy's Pread-Street-torian guards won't be hunting you
down for this, worry not. But that chocolate truffle you had on the
Victoria line - it wasn't infused with booze, was it?

Oddly enough, I think truffles are legal, it's 'open containers of
alcohol' that are banned. Not that it's enforced in any way, shape or
form, as the sight of an extremely drunk lady staggering off a westbound
Piccadilly a couple of weeks back and plonking her empty wine bottle on
the Help Point attests.

Tom