Old July 20th 10, 12:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
John C John C is offline

Default Farringdon to be London's busiest station

"MIG" wrote in message
Despite it not being southern, I think that Fenchurch street may
despatch more trains per platform than even Charing Cross. (Not
relevant to the large complex idea though.)

Fenchurch St has a departure from each of the four platforms every 10
minutes or so. The departures work their way across the station with the
arriving trains running in parallel into the recently vacated adjacent
platform. So you only get one conflicting move every 10 minutes. At any
rate, that is what happened in the days of slam door stock, I assume it's
the same now. If you get a failure in one of the platforms then it all falls
apart very quickly!

John