Old July 20th 10, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

"Richard" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:58:20 +0100, "Paul Scott"

If coming the other way, you'll be in the paid area without touching
in, so will register an unstarted journey when (if) you eventually touch
out.

You'll have touched in before getting on the tram... The touch out
follows where you eventually leave the system. Validating at
Wimbledon on the platform after leaving the tram would mean you pay
another tram fare wouldn't it? I'm *sure* this is what happened to me
once when I misunderstood the rules. (In fact, I think I paid three
times but that's another story...)

If Wimbledon tram stop was outside the station, the main gateline wouldn't
give a toss whether you'd arrived by bus, tram or on foot would it, it would
start a new journey. We've discussed this a few times before, you do have to
touch again at Wimbledon, whether interchanging or exiting...

Paul S