Old July 20th 10, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

On 20/07/10 14:58, Paul Scott wrote:

It isn't a good idea to ignore the tram validator if interchanging
either - if heading onto the tram with PAYG you'll end up with an
uncompleted tube/NR journey depending on origin, and could be caught on
the tram without a touch in.

That bit I understand, I think.

If coming the other way, you'll be in the
paid area without touching in, so will register an unstarted journey
when (if) you eventually touch out.

This bit I'm confused by. I didn't think you ever should touch out on a
tram - I thought they're treated like buses? Interchanging from tram to
tube at Wimbledon doesn't change that rule, does it?

AIUI (based on previous discussions) transferring from tram to tube at
Wimbledon doesn't involve going though any gatelines and doesn't involve
any touching? But I'm not a Tramlink user myself - this whole thing is
beyond me...

-roy