Old July 21st 10, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
That's simply nonsense and completely wrong - if you don't have a
validated Oyster card then you are travelling without a ticket and are
liable to a PF or prosecution. This is what all the posters and signs
say, for example these ones on the interior of doors on Tube trains:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mixthem...te/4019285039/

I'd love to see them try that on in court. A valid ticket is a valid ticket
whether its been touched in or not whatever their conditions say. Those
conditions are not a legal document. Unless they can PROVE that they would
have lost money by the ticket not being touched in I don't see a court in
the country upholding a prosecution.

B2003