Old July 21st 10, 07:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default HS2 via Heathrow gets thumbs down...

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:43:39 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"I recommend that serious consideration be given to making Old Oak Common
the initial London terminal for the high speed line - and that in the early
stages it be designated London-Old Oak Common (just as Euston would have
been designated London-Euston) - and that effective use be made of the £16
billion Crossrail project and other rail and tube connections to provide
access to passengers` final destinations including Heathrow. "

The Ryanair model of high-speed rail, then. What a stupid idea.

If we can't afford to do it properly, we can't afford it at all and
shouldn't bother.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.