Old July 21st 10, 10:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default HS2 via Heathrow gets thumbs down...

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:12:22 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

It's this "we have to have the complete solution at day one or we don't
start" attitude that causes everything to be cancelled in this country.

No. We have to have a useful solution from Day 1. A line that stops
somewhere in the suburbs of West London is not a useful solution when
a lot of passengers won't want to use Crossrail (which as a result
will probably end up overcrowded) but will prefer to take a taxi from
a central London station.

But I admit my preference is that it should not go ahead. Capacity on
existing lines is far more important than trying to corner a
relatively small domestic air travel market.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.