Old January 22nd 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Nunn Ben Nunn is offline

Default West London Line...... Chelsea station

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Martin Underwood
), in message
who said:
"Matthew Anghi" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know when the new Chlsea and Shepherd's Bush stations
are to be opened on the WEST LONDON LINE from Wilesdon to clapham,
via kensington....

Is it definite that these stations WILL be reopened? Has construction
actually started? If so, where exactly (map refs) will the stations
be? I thought that the TOC that operates the stopping trains on this
line said that they couldn't open many more stations while keeping
the existing timetable and therefore pathing arrangements.

By the way, does anyone know how Shepherd's Bush district got its
name? Named after a pub, maybe, but how did *that* get its name?

Do we really need to recount the tale of Straggly Wendy the hirsute
shepherdess again?

BTN