Old January 22nd 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Double deck Crossrail

Dave Arquati wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:
"Robin Cox" wrote in message

Crossrail have already stated that the trains will be twice as long
as a "normal" tube train.

Although they will, inevitably, have to comply with platform lengths
on the overground sections of Network Rail (such as the suburban
stations from Stratford to Shenfield).

Won't they just extend the platforms as necessary? Given the cost of
the project, I'd hate to see them run shorter trains than the system
can take just because existing platforms are too short.

They do indeed plan to extend existing platforms where necessary to
accomodate 10-car Crossrail trains, according to
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/consultation.
--
Richard J.