Old January 22nd 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Refurbished Victoria line trains

Fat Richard wrote in message

There were 2 sets done, 3086 and the other was either 3009 or 3010 ?
not sure. They were both used on a tour I arranged on the Vic (Badger
Railrours, memories..) The 2 and 2 facing became 1 facing two by the
doors i recall which was usefull for someone my size as I could occupy
the whole seat and not get sneering looks from people like I do now
for occupying 1 and half !

I rather like the Bakerloo idea of removing the arm rests in the
"sideways" seats as well.

Fat Richard

I was on that very tour, in that very carriage (3186)! and it was the 1st
time i had ever seen that seating arrangement (1+2) as well! I've still got
the pics looking through the cab front, going through the wash at
Northumberland Park, must post them up on a site someday!

Great tour that was, many thanks for that!

Tom.Tyne & Wear Metro Group:
http://groups.msn.com/tyneweartransportgroup
metromadme AT SPAMTRAP blueyonder DOT co DOT uk