Old July 25th 10, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

In article ,
(Graham Harrison) wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message
A friend has been given quite a lot of Euro coinage that all adds up
to a fair amount whack (n.b. this is not a result of either money
laundering nor theft!), and was pondering on how he might be able to
spend it in London - he's not planning on travelling to Euroland for
some time to come (having just returned from an extended escapade),
and anyway likes to travel light.

If you went to a branch of a Euro based bank I wonder if they would
have facilities? Mind you, having written that the thought that
came to mind was Santander and I can't see an Abbey branch even
understanding the question, much less actioning it.

Sell them to me? I'm going to Paris next month.

--
Colin Rosenstiel