Old July 25th 10, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On Jul 25, 3:29*pm, wrote:

(Graham Harrison) wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:
A friend has been given quite a lot of Euro coinage that all adds up
to a fair amount whack (n.b. this is not a result of either money
laundering nor theft!), and was pondering on how he might be able to
spend it in London - he's not planning on travelling to Euroland for
some time to come (having just returned from an extended escapade),
and anyway likes to travel light.

If you went to a branch of a Euro based bank I wonder if they would
have facilities? * Mind you, having written that the thought that
came to mind was Santander and I can't see an Abbey branch even
understanding the question, much less actioning it.

Sell them to me? I'm going to Paris next month.

Well finding someone to offload them to is of course a possibility, as
is just keeping them all for the time being. But I must admit the
problem, such as it is one, has piqued my interest - my first thought
was that spending Euros in London wouldn't be a problem at all, but
the fact it's all in coins means it's not so easy. (Though if M&S do
take Euro coins then I can imagine they might well be accommodating,
especially if it was at one of their two big Oxford Street stores and
was at a quieter time of day.)