Old January 22nd 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Alan Campbell Alan Campbell is offline

Default Kings Cross fire (1987) : final victim named

Ian G Batten wrote in message ...
In article ,
Alan Campbell wrote:
If it were up to me, I would charge the tobacco companies with
corporate manslaughter, after all they deliberately stimulate and
encourage the addiction

I love the way in which smokers will blame almost anyone but themselves
for their smoking.

ian

Just to clarify matters, I am a non-smoker, always have been, and
always will be,in case you thought I was trying to blame someone else
for my failings. You may be right, smokers may well blame others, I
could not possibly comment. But, I was sort of having a go at the HSE
nad BTP and everyone else who try to apportion blame and, tongue in
cheek, suggesting that maybe they could extend their policy to blame
the tobacco barons, who have lots of money, next time there is a fire.
I think there is a far better corelation between smoking and fires
than between speeding on the open road, in good conditions, and road
accidents. I know, we need smoking cameras...... A certain Chief Plod
Brunstrom would love that idea, he would make lots and lots of money
without his Plods having to go uot of the station.