Old July 26th 10, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Cycle hire

On Jul 26, 1:18*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, congokid wrote:

In article , David Walters
writes

Or at least I think that is what happens....

It all sounds mega confusing to me, and even though I cycle very regularly
and have done for years, I'm not sure I'd ever hire one. I have two bikes,
one I use to get to work in the West End (it folds so I can store it indoors
there) and light shopping, and another for trips to the swimming pool and if
I want to explore London.

Yes, but it's not *for* you. Or me. Or for anyone who commutes, in fact.

It's not for us, because we have adequate bikes, so we have no need to
hire a four-tonne clunker from Boris.

It's not for commuters who live in inner London, because there are no
stations outside Z1 (not much outside, at least), and you're not allowed
to take the bikes home overnight. It's not for commuters who live further
out, because the stations are set up to avoid flows to or from major rail
termini.

I have yet to work out who it *is* for.

I think you're rather lacking in imagination there Tom.