Old July 26th 10, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

Greetings.

In article news:ER43o.483330$_m6.16840@hurricane,
wrote:
The question in my mind is now whether or not they take coins - one
can but ask, of course.

If you do, please let us know what their response is. I'm in a similar
situation to your friend. I'd much rather spend the coins in London on
an Oyster top-up than have them sitting in a drawer indefinitely.

Well, why don't you just save them for your next trip to the Eurozone?

Well, that's the status quo: I have no plans to visit the Eurozone, so the
coins will be sitting in my drawer indefinitely. Should I ever have reason
to go to the Eurozone, the coins will come out. But who knows how far in
the future that will be?

Regards,
Tristan

--