Old July 26th 10, 07:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
allantracy allantracy is offline

Default 'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

The more I read about Hammond, the more I despair. Roll on the next
General Election, or whatever event it takes to remove him.

Don't hold your breath.

Old Labour fully deserved their long eighteen years in opposition
given the state of the economy they left behind them and their
continuing attempts, following defeat, to turn us into Rumania.

By that benchmark, New Labour deserves even longer.

It’s going to take a long long time for Middle England (who by and
large decide elections) to ever forgive Labour for tolerating Gordon
Brown and allowing him to foist his gross incompetence upon us all.

Just ask any Labour party worker, knocking on doors much south of
Manchester, and they will tell you just how universally hated that man
was and consequently what an electoral liability he was also.

Those same voters are hardly going to take kindly to the likely new
leader (the other Dave) that was part of the problem because he so
woefully failed to act against Brown despite numerous golden
opportunities to do so.