Old July 26th 10, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

On 27/07/2010 00:13, Barry Salter wrote:
On 26/07/2010 23:04, wrote:

When was that and what sort of notes did you accept?

Early 00s, and ISTR we accepted 5, 10, 20, 50 and possibly 100 Euro
notes; also US, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand Dollars, Danish
Krone, Swedish Krona and Japanese Yen.

But as I say, the exchange rate was (usually) not very good, and only
updated every four weeks, and with the admin fee on top we tried to
encourage people to use credit cards or sterling, for obvious reasons.

Cheers,

Barry

I wonder why they did that, considering that they are in the UK.