Old January 22nd 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page Clive Page is offline

Default Luton Airport

In article , Matt Ashby
writes
Robin May wrote:

I'm flying Luton Airport this Saturday. What's the best way to travel
there from east London? My local stations are West Ham, Plaistow and
Canning Town.

You should note that this weekend (I think all day Saturday and Sunday)
the through Thameslink services are discontinued. The northbound trains
start from Kentish Town and they all call at West Hampstead Thameslink.
And allow a fair bit of extra time, their timetables are always in a
mess, and the service is often less frequent than it should be. It
seems impossible to get accurate information out of Thameslink, but you
could try the telephone enquiries service, they get things right once in
a while.

I _think_ that Midland Mainline services are running normally out of
St.Pancras, and there is usually one per hour (leaving at xx:30)
stopping at Luton Airport parkway. Again allow extra time: because of
the works it takes a long time to get to St.Pancras from KX underground,
and MML have the worst timekeeping record of all the long-distance
companies.

--
Clive Page