Old July 27th 10, 01:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ivor The Engine Ivor The Engine is offline

Default 'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:53:41 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

That normally applies far more to urban areas where the difference between 30
and 40 can be literally life or death. How many speed cameras do you see in
30mph limit areas? Very few because they won't raise enough revenue. It is
that level of cynicism that has brought them into disrepute.

Do you have numbers to back up that claim? A quick scan of my GPS
speed camera data lists 2715 fixed cameras in 30MPH zones out of a
total of 3507. I'm not claiming perfect accuracy but it certainly
implies more than your "very few" observation.

In the part of Lancashire where I live many villages have 30MPH
cameras to slow cars coming off faster country roads.