Old July 27th 10, 07:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default 'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:44:46 -0700 (PDT), allantracy
wrote:

I suspect the Taxpayer’s Alliance primary objection to speed cameras
is more down to the revenue raising aspects rather than perceptions on
safety.

Which is interesting, as one would think therefore that speed cameras
would be profitable[1]. It seems, however, that the ones in
Oxfordshire are not. Perhaps they are too successful?

[1] It certainly seems to sit right to me in one way that the
financial cost of punishing people for committing crimes should fall
on those committing the crimes, though it isn't necessarily practical.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.