Old July 29th 10, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default New Victoria Line Stock

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
Fat richard wrote:
Going are the days of those lovely transverse pairs in the driving
cars......................

I never found the tranverse seating as comfy as other people. The seats
are too narrow for 2 people to sit on them confortably so you either end up
squashed against the wall as the person next to you tries to get as much
space as possible or sitting with a third of your bum dangling off the edge of
the seat and getting knocked as people move along the aisle at every stop.
Tube trains are just too narrow for that kind of seating though I don't
see why they couldn't have continued with it on the sub surface stock.

I will have to stand in futre (the excercise does me good). When I say
I will have to stand, I actually mean that......

I think it was a serious suggestion at one time - a tube train with no
seats.

B2003