Old July 30th 10, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default New Victoria Line Stock

On 29 July, 19:07, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:07:28 +0100, "

wrote:
The 09 stock kind of strikes me as an urban legend. Somebody who knows
somebody who knows somebody once claimed to have seen one.

Well if that's how you wish to consider them fine. *I assume you
therefore consider all the other reams of remarks from various posters
on here, endless newspaper and web comments over the last few days to be
completely fallacious just because you personally have not been on one
of these trains!? *I shall also assume the one I caught to work this
morning and the one in the platform at Victoria this afternoon were also
figments of my imagination. *Can't wait to tell everyone that I was
really teleported by the power of my imagination to work most mornings
this week!

Do you think the world isn't round because you haven't personally been
in orbit or else flown round the world?
--
Paul C

I got on one of these "figments of my imagination" to go home last
night, and the train was quite sticky and hot inside. This was
probably due to the fact that the ventilators were blowing warm air
around the carriage. Perhaps LUL could advertise that the new
Victoria Line trains come with free hair dryers! I assume that they
will wait until the middle of winter before they make them blow cold
air.

Joking apart, I should have thought that these issues would have been
detected and fixed during the "extensive hours of testing" that were
carried out last year. (and for which we had to endure a series of
weekend closures last summer)