Old July 30th 10, 12:47 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default OT- Clarkson Joins The Burka Debate

On Jul 29, 5:05*pm, 1506 wrote:
On Jul 29, 1:33*pm, allantracy wrote:

On this week’s Top Gear, they were debating the road safety aspects of
pretty young girls dressed for the hot weather and the obvious
distraction this causes.

A case for the burka maybe, Hammond suggested, to which Clarkson
replied, “No it doesn’t work I was in a taxi the other day and a woman
dressed in a burka tripped up and up it all went, she was wearing
stocking, suspenders and a thong underneath.”

Needless to say, the balloon has gone up amongst the ranks of the self-
righteous.

This reminds me of an event about thirty years back:

Some here will remember the 1938 London Underground tube stock. *Above
each car-end door was a grill. *During warm weather the operator could
open a vent at the front of the train and a cooling breeze would blow
through the train at ceiling height. *If the operator opened the vent
while the train was travelling at speed (relative term, perhaps thirty
to forty mph) one could hear a distinct pop and sense a slight change
in air pressure.

One summer evening I was returning to my apartment in Maida Vale, from
the West End, somewhat after the evening rush. *Standing in front of a
car-end door was a not unattractive young lady wearing a light cotton
summer dress. *As we gathered speed between Oxford Circus and Regents
Park there came the familiar pop, a cooling breeze, and a slight
change in air pressure. *At that moment the ladies dress rose to her
shoulders, covering her head instead of her body. *She was wearing
matching flesh tone bra and knickers. *As she struggled to regain
control of her clothes, I smiled politely and returned my gaze to my
reading material. *It seemed improper not to notice, and acknowledge
her pleasing figure. *OTOH, one must not stare, particularly at a
moment of misfortune.

The official position of the revolution --the Banana Revolution-- is
that women in the West are improperly dressed for summertime. We have
been raised in male-chauvinist pig society where men can go bare-
breasted, but women can't. I myself use a wide Indiana Banana hat (my
trademark) and a safari vest unzipped to let the air cool my physique.
Sometimes I just go around totally topless, which is of great help in
fighting the heat. But I pity women who must endure all that clothing.

I say, LET IT ALL HANG OUT!