Old July 30th 10, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Rucksacks worn on the tube

On 30 July, 15:44, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:10:03 +0100

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:51:35 on Fri, 30 Jul
2010, remarked:
I had to use the tube today and had the pleasure of some eejit wearing a
rucksack in front of me constantly swivelling it about and bumping me.

I had someone like that bumping me every few minutes on a
full-and-standing Cambridge train one morning. And the wearer almost got
violent when I politely (no, really) asked him to stop it.

Rucksack wearers generally have no concept of their "rear facing"
personal space.

I think with some of them its more a case of their rear personal space is
wherever their rucksack is. I don't have a problem with little rucksacks
but I don't see the need to go on a train wearing something the size of
a suitcase on your back. In fact if someone has that much to carry why don't
they just use a suitcase anyway? Thats what they're for.

B2003

Er, no. Suitcases are for stacking. Rucksacks are for carrying. I
could carry a helluva lot more weight in a rucksack than a suitcase of
equivalent capacity.

Neither are great in crowded trains without a luggage space.