Old July 30th 10, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Rucksacks worn on the tube

In message , at 18:18:30 on
Fri, 30 Jul 2010, Neil Williams
remarked:
I think with some of them its more a case of their rear personal space is
wherever their rucksack is. I don't have a problem with little rucksacks
but I don't see the need to go on a train wearing something the size of
a suitcase on your back.

Not even if you're, for instance, taking the Tube to the station to go
on a hiking expedition?

Rucksacks are fine, but should be removed from the back when inside the
confined spaces of public transport.

In fact if someone has that much to carry why don't
they just use a suitcase anyway? Thats what they're for.

Trolley cases are *far* more annoying, IMO. And not much good for
hiking

Trolley cases can trip up those not paying attention, but at least the
owners don't unpredictably whirl them around, five feet off the ground,
as happens with rucksacks.