Old July 30th 10, 07:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default S stock 02/08/10

On Jul 30, 8:28*pm, D7666 wrote:

On Jul 30, 8:23*pm, Mizter T wrote:

Since when was first hand experience a requisite before offering up
criticism?!

I find it helps to be informed by serious research that includes
actual visits and travel.

Despite numerous offers to write much more, the reason I limit my
writings and reportings for journal such as Todays Railways is that I
keep to things I know about, have experience of, or have thoroughly
researched. And that includes travel.

Sorry Nick but I think informed comment is rather out of fashion these
days - have you ever tried just making it up? ;-)

Perhaps we should all offer up fictional reviews of the new S stock
and see how well they compare to the real thing?

"The air conditioned ambience of the carriage was somewhat spoilt by
the aromatic drunk who joined at Northwick Park... The lengthy PA
announcement offering an edited version of the conditions of carriage
between each stop became slightly irritating on the third listening...
The passengers didn't seem to notice the difference between the old
stock and the new..."