Old July 30th 10, 09:29 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default S stock 02/08/10

On Jul 30, 2:19*pm, "
wrote:
On 30/07/2010 20:32, 1506 wrote:

On Jul 30, 12:28 pm, *wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:23 pm, Mizter *wrote:

Since when was first hand experience a requisite before offering up
criticism?!

I find it helps to be informed by serious research that includes
actual visits and travel.

Despite numerous offers to write much more, the reason I limit my
writings and reportings for journal such as Todays Railways is that I
keep to things I know about, have experience of, or have thoroughly
researched. And that includes travel.

Being a former Met. Line user I am keen to hear what these trains are
like. *It will be sad to see the A60/A62 stock go. *But, it really is
aging. *From what I hear it is not as comfortable as it once was.

Their speeds are restricted now because of micro cracks in the bogies

Thank you. I had heard that their ride had gotten rougher over the
years. In the 1960s they were rather good trains. Compared with the
DMUs on the same route, they were almost futuristic.