Old July 31st 10, 09:59 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default S stock 02/08/10

"1506" wrote in message

On Jul 30, 2:19 pm, "
wrote:
On 30/07/2010 20:32, 1506 wrote:

Being a former Met. Line user I am keen to hear what these trains
are like. It will be sad to see the A60/A62 stock go. But, it
really is aging. From what I hear it is not as comfortable as it
once was.

Their speeds are restricted now because of micro cracks in the bogies

Thank you. I had heard that their ride had gotten rougher over the
years. In the 1960s they were rather good trains. Compared with the
DMUs on the same route, they were almost futuristic.

They are quite bouncy, especially compared to the modern DMUs with which
they share tracks to Amersham. But I fear that the new S Stock trains
will be less popular, thanks to the modern trend to rock-hard seats, and
fewer of them. Their extra speed won't be realised for a while, so the
service will be no quicker or more frequent (in fact, less frequent to
Amersham).