Old July 31st 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Cycle number plates

On 2010\07\31 16:58, MIG wrote:
On 31 July, 15:22, Basil wrote:
On 2010\07\31 11:05, MIG wrote:

On 31 July, 05:03, Basil wrote:
The Borisbikes have identity numbers on both sides, but not on the rear
where CCTV cameras might pick them up. I wonder if this is a deliberate
plan to encourage people to think that they are as above the law on a
Borisbike as they would be on their own bike.

Not very thorough. Shouldn't you have said "... a deliberate plan by
Bob Crow to encourage benefit scroungers to think that they are as
above the law ..."?

Er, did you actually read what you said "not very thorough" to, before
launching into a familiar rant about something else?

Yes. I saw it to be gratuitous abuse of those not connected with the
observation you had made about issues not connected with the
observation you had made, and felt that you could have widened it to
cover more familiar issues and targets of such gratuitous abuse.

I mean, why not? It would have made as much sense in the context of
where the owner of a fleet of vehicles sticks the fleet numbers for
the purpose of identifying members of their fleet.

I don't think I've complained about illegal behaviour by cycles more
than once in my entire usenet career - apart from pedicabs, which are a
royal PITA.