Old August 1st 10, 06:47 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default OT- Clarkson Joins The Burka Debate

On 01/08/2010 19:16, 1506 wrote:
On Aug 1, 11:03 am, Arthur wrote:
On 01/08/2010 18:36, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 1, 10:25 am, Arthur wrote:
On 01/08/2010 18:07, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 1, 8:32 am, Arthur wrote:
On 01/08/2010 16:09, allantracy wrote:

The Daily Mirror ran one of those appalling ‘politics of envy’ stories

Next thing we know the Sun will have pictures of topless women, and the
Times an article about how the BBC is a bad thing!

Lord Reith's BBC was a landmark in broadcasting history. At one time
it was one of the UK's greatest assets. Sadly, very sadly, it has
long since passed its "sell buy" date.

(Aren't you on a different continent?)

Not always!

So what is the alternative - and is it fair and balanced?

A free market in broadcasting, much as we have with newspapers..
Within that I would like to think that there is room for a fact based
unbiassed service like the BBC or PBS.

I guess you haven't seen a British newspaper for some time!

Telegraph and Times, January, 2010. Both, present a variation of
conservative thought. Other newspapers take differing editorial
stances.

The Telegraph is now just the Daily Mail on bigger paper.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK