Old August 1st 10, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default [OT] Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:07:34 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Evening all,

Not related to transport, but a topic which flares up here now and then:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10825499

I was particularly pleased to see the 'Romford is/is not in Essex'
argument being brought up immediately in the comments. Now, could someone
get on there and tell them about Metropolitan Kent?

I don't see why the UK postal addresses shouldn't be the same as
Continental ones - i.e. just "number streetname, town postcode". The
street name is itself superfluous in our postcode system, but acts as
a useful "checksum" (as well as making it easier for the postman).

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.