Old August 1st 10, 10:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default OT- Clarkson Joins The Burka Debate

On Aug 1, 11:20*am, Graeme wrote:
In message
* * * * * 1506 wrote:

On Aug 1, 10:25=A0am, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 01/08/2010 18:07, 1506 wrote:

On Aug 1, 8:32 am, Arthur =A0wrote:
On 01/08/2010 16:09, allantracy wrote:

The Daily Mirror ran one of those appalling =91politics of envy=92 st=

ories

Next thing we know the Sun will have pictures of topless women, and th=

Times an article about how the BBC is a bad thing!

Lord Reith's BBC was a landmark in broadcasting history. =A0At one time
it was one of the UK's greatest assets. =A0Sadly, very sadly, it has
long since passed its "sell buy" date.

(Aren't you on a different continent?)

Not always!

So what is the alternative - and is it fair and balanced?

A free market in broadcasting, much as we have with newspapers..

You've not heard of satellite and cable then?

Which are great. But, the BBC has a license to utilize the public
airwaves. They should either stay true to the "unbiased" mandate, or
stop accepting the license fee.