Old August 2nd 10, 10:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mark Robinson Mark Robinson is offline

Default 'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

d wrote:

Concerned about what exactly? That the biker could get away with speeding
and he couldn't?

Concerned as in "having an interest in", not concerned as in "worried
about". It is in the interests of all citizens that the law of the land
is upheld; it's how society works.

Please do explain how the motocyclist was effecting or doing any harm
to anyone or any property or business. Though no doubt he deprived the
treasury of some tax , sorry fine, revenue. Oh cry me a river.

I suppose that, since a motorcyclist is somewhere around 30 times more
likely to die on the road than a car occupant, you could argue that
idiots on motorcycles are a danger only to themselves. Unfortunately,
there's always a external cost.

Cheers

mark-r