Old January 23rd 04, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Jubilee Line at Charing Cross

(Boltar) wrote in message . com...
(TheOneKEA) wrote in message . com...
I have heard in many places that the Charing Cross Jubilee Line
platforms are kept in operating condition because they offer a perfect
spot to deposit passengers if there should be a problem on the Jubilee
Line. In fact, I have heard that they have been used at times when the
JLE had engineering issues that required some time to work out.

I thought if that happened the passengers were just turfed off at Green Park?

They probably are, but when you have a Jubilee train full of
passengers between Green Park and Westminster and something happens on
the JLE, Charing Cross is the perfect place to deposit them.

When they drilled the new tunnels from Green Park to Westminster and
beyond, did they modify the track layout at Green Park so that trains
coming from Westminster can go to Charing Cross too?

B2003

Brad