Old August 2nd 10, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default HS2 via Heathrow gets thumbs down...

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 07:57:36PM +0100, Paul Terry wrote:
In message , tim....
writes
Wetherspoons food is centrally cooked and supplied to each outlet in
"cooked-chilled" form to be reheated as required.

That is true of most restaurants - either you eat food that has been
hanging around warm for hours, or it is reheated (usually microwaved)
from chilled. Very few people have the time or patience to wait for the
hour or more that it takes to cook most dishes from totally fresh.

It doesn't take anything like an hour to cook most dishes from scratch.

But in any case, there's nothing wrong with having *some* things
pre-prepared so that you can either just heat them up and serve, or do
just the last step or two in preparing them to order.

I'm quite happy for my soup to be prepared in advance, or my prawns to
be cooked in advance and then just have the last few moments of
preparation to order. What I'm *not* happy for is for my steak to be
cooked in advance and then re-heated, like what happens in Wetherspoons.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

Erudite is when you make a classical allusion to a
feather. Kinky is when you use the whole chicken.