Old August 2nd 10, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Rucksacks worn on the tube

In message , Tristan Miller
writes
Exactly what disability causes people to walk slowly down the middle of a
narrow passageway? Is there some affliction that prevents them from
keeping to one side, thereby allowing faster-moving traffic to pass them?
Or is "being inconsiderate of others" now classed as a disability?

I'm not disabled but am frequently confused by the use of the tube. In
this country we drive on the left, so it is normal to walk on the left,
but the escalators say stand on the right. Londoners who should know
better frequently go against the arrows and arrive on a platform from
the exit, confusing the tourists. What's the convention for walking
through those small passages that interlink platforms etc?
--
Clive