Old August 2nd 10, 02:55 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default How far from Olympic stadium to Wimbledon?

On 1 Aug, 17:03, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 16:00:07 +0100, Franklin

wrote:
In a year or two I expect to be visiting the main Olympic stadium. *I'm
considering a side trip to visit the civic hall for the Wimbledon area. *

Approximately how far is it and how much time should I allow for the
journey?

Depends on time of day, day of the week and the way you make the
journey.

There are loads of options for routes - assuming Stratford to Wimbledon.

Central Line to Mile End - District Line Mile End to Wimbledon. There is
cross platform interchange at Mile End so very simple and quick to make
the change.

Jubilee Line to West Ham - District Line West Ham to Wimbledon

Jubilee Line to Waterloo - South West Trains (from the main line
station) to Wimbledon

Jubilee Line to Westminster - District Line to Wimbledon

The interchange routes for the above three options are a bit longer and
more convoluted but are well signed.

Tube services are typically very frequent but slower.
The SWT service from Waterloo to Wimbledon is a tad less frequent than
the tube but is quick - especially if you get a semi-fast train.

I'd estimate between 50-60 mins to make the journey depending on which
route to take.

If you wish to play around with the options then the TfL Journey Planner
can help.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

HTH
--
Paul C

You haven't mentioned taking Thameslink to St Pancreas and the
"Javelin" ... (assuming it's during the Olympics).