Old August 2nd 10, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default [OT] Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 21:08:39 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

Ad you think that would still work if we had a two-tier (continental
style) address model in the UK?

I don't know when I suggested that. All I suggested was that the
counties are irrelevant.

Google Maps etc don't locate a postcode by what county it is in. They
have a database mapping postcodes to longitude/latitude.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.