Old August 2nd 10, 11:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default S stock 02/08/10

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Tim Fenton wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message

I always find the the bits in Private Eye that occasionally rumble a
newspaper's theatre review as being a work of fiction particularly
delicious

The original was in the B&W comedy "Only Two Can Play", where a local
journalist (Peter Sellers) sends his review of a first night in without
going to see the play, as he was playing away. Unfortunately for him,
the theatre burnt down during the performance.

The DVD of 'The Day Today' has a very good version of this hidden in the
music on the title screen (you have to leave it there for quite a while
before it gets round to it) where Chris Morris is talking to Peter
O'Hanraha-Hanrahan about a world trade organisation meeting he claims to
have attended that day. In room 107 of the World Trade Centre. That day
being the 11th of September 2001.

tom

--
What we learn about is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our
methods of questioning. -- Werner Heisenberg