Old August 3rd 10, 05:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On 3 Aug, 00:35, wrote:
In article ,

(Neil Williams) wrote:
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:54:50 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

It avoids people having to publish two addresses - one for postal
purposes and a second so that you can find where they are.

Don't know about you, but these days I find out where someone is by
typing their postcode into Google Maps or my sat-nav.

I can think of some addresses where you could be some distance from your
intended destination. Try Trinity College, Cambridge CB2 1TQ. Postcodes
define points for deliver of mail, not a large sprawl of buildings
covering a large chunk of central Cambridge.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

It would be handy if Google Maps indicated when it was guessing wildly
with a new development rather than just stick the arrow somewhere.

Some of their results are so wild that I can't believe it's actually a
database entry at all, but more likely pulling back one level to
somewhere in the area covered by the first half of the postcode.