Old August 3rd 10, 07:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default 'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

Charles Ellson gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

The problem with banning one specific behavior is that it's an
unsustainable approach to treating the sypmtom, not the problem. By your
logic, we should have - driving while eating

Something which I mentioned as it involves use of older less-specific
legislation which appears to be applied in questionable circumstances.

And which you argue cannot be applied in the case of phones. Why?

- driving while applying makeup

Well established as an unsafe and illegal practice.

By that same catch-all...

- driving while talking to a child in the back seat

The same as eating, it is not inevitably unsafe.

Yet talking on a phone apparently is. How?