Old August 3rd 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Stratford platform 3a

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

I think the idea is to have one side ingress-only and vice versa. Not
sure which side though! There is a cross-platform interchange to
consider too (platform 5 for Liverpool Street).

Just can't see it I'm afraid...

Unless you assume all arriving Central Line pax never wish to use P5 into
Liverpool St mainline, (that always seems to be a two way exchange to me
too), and you also assume that no-one from the DLR or Jubilee, or off the
street wants to board the Central Line by the most obvious direct route?

Seems to me that the new P3A will effectively become the default westbound
Central Line platform for entries from the street, and P3 will become the
subsidiary side for cross platform connection to/from NXEA on P5.

The primary benefit seems to be to increase the options for people waiting
for the Central line westbound. One problem anticipated in previous
discussions is pax using a stopped Central Line train as a short cut from P5
to the southern concourse. I can't see how that would be stopped even with
the obvious one way system!

No doubt somewhere there is a document that predicts/explains all the
expected flows - it will be useful when it all goes wrong...

Paul S