Old August 3rd 10, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Postal counties to be dropped from the Postcode Address File

On Aug 3, 2:47*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
06:14:05 on Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Mizter T remarked:

When I was in Cambridge, I used a very short address that worked every
time. (Sidney Sussex, Cambridge). I've never had the opportunity to have
such a short address again.

Well, addresses like '2 Stowage, SE8 3EE' are pretty short and should
work. But they don't quite have the same class, that's for sure!

'BBC, W1A 1AA' is both short and classy too ... it's just having the
opportunity to be able to use them (for one's own address)

HM Queen/King, SW1A 1AA... though rumour has it that there's a high
degree of nepotism involved in getting that gig.