Old August 3rd 10, 04:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Loading a PAYG Oyster card with National Rail vouchers

On Aug 3, 5:22*pm, Allan wrote:

On 03/08/2010 17:09, Mizter T wrote:

[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

Interesting stuff - I wasn't aware that (NR) Rail Travel Vouchers were
accepted at LU ticket offices.

NB: not all LU offices, AIUI: only those that have Oyster usage with
e.g. mainline over-ground (but I could be wrong!). *I specifically
didn't try it at a plain tube stop.

I can understand LU ticket offices accepting it at stations where they
are the only ticket office, but the station is served by NR services -
e.g. West Ham, Seven Sisters, Kew Gardens, Harrowe & Wealdstone,
Greenford etc etc, but obviously at KXSP there are numerous 'National
Rail' ticket offices also available 'topside', though whether any of
these are (a) capable and (b) in practice able to accept RTVs and load
the value as pay-as-you-go credit onto an Oyster card is another
question (IIRC the FCC ticket office at St Pancras 'does' Oyster, and
perhaps the FCC ticket office at KX suburban also does it too).