Old August 3rd 10, 06:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail rolling stock PIN

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
On 3 Aug, 18:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Crossrail have issued an OJEU heads up for their rolling stock
requirement.

http://www.publictenders.net/tender/69743

The only new feature AFAICS is that they will probably be calling for 63
200m length trains (for 57 diagrams).

I'm wondering if this is a clear indication they are moving towards
'Thameslink style' fixed formation trains, Crossrail were originally
proposing running two 5 x 20m units in multiple, allowing them to run
singly
offpeak...

Paul S

Thameslink trains can be 4 or 8 cars long. I think you mean "LUL-
style" fixed formations.

The intended new stock for the Thameslink Project is fixed formation, 160 or
240 metres (8 or 12 car, if 20 m carriages are chosen).

Peter